- Romaine (torn in bite size pieces)
- Red Onion (super thin slices)
- Avocado (thin slices)
- Hard Boiled Egg (thin slices)
- Broccoli (bite-size flowerettes)
- Bacon (cut, scissors work, in 1/2 inch pieces before cooking)
- Cheese (hard cheese mix, grated)
I sprinkled granulated sugar in the hot bacon grease and whisked it to dissolve it. When the sugar was melted I added cider vinegar. I'm not sure, but I think the original recipe called for about equal parts of oil, sugar and vinegar. Once this mixture is blended, pull it from the heat and finish the salad assembly.